10 Things You May Not Know About Me (Part 2)
6. I had a MAJOR blazer phase a while ago.
OK, if I’m honest, it may still be happening… I just LOVE blazers.
They are perfect for day or night – they dress up a simple outfit – and a great blazer never goes out of style. (I also have a weakness for the ones with elbow patches).
7. Some of my best song writing session occur in my car while I’m driving. I get inspired while on the road (by myself) and I record lyric and melody ideas into my iPhone using Evernote. Its perfect because anything I write in Evernote immediately syncs with my Macbook, my phone, and my iPad. Its really hard to lose song lyrics now…
8. My husband and I straight up JAM OUT to “Only Wanna Be With You” by Hootie and the Blowfish on a regular basis. I need to record it sometime because I’m sure it is hilarious. We both sing at the top of our lungs and make all kinds of crazy gestures thinking each of us is looking at the other, when actually we are completely absorbed in our own rendition of this epic song. Somehow, it never gets old, and every time I hear the intro, my brain waves do a *happy dance.*
9. I am a vegetarian and avid animal lover. I cry during at the drop of a hat when it comes to animals. My mom said that growing up I would watch Lassie every single day, and cry when Lassie was in danger every. single. day. even though I knew she would be ok.
I also have an obsession with lions. I lost count of how many books I have read about them. I actually watched a bit of a documentary on lions this morning while having some avocado toast. I had to turn it off because one the lions was being rejected by its pride and I felt the lump in my throat emerge and tears start to well up…
You can purchase this book on www.amazon.com.
10. Shirley McClane once said something along the lines of, “All you need is a good hat, good walking shoes, and a bottle of water.” – And I have found that walking solo really is a magical experience. It allows me to de-clutter my mind and come back into my body…
I want to walk the El Camino de Santiago, also known as the Way of St. James. It is a 500 mile trail that begins in France and ends in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Its a Holy pilgrimage many spiritual seekers have walked over the years. You are supposed to trek it by yourself with only a backpack. Very little money is required as you eat and sleep in hostels along the way – which, on average, is a 5 week journey if you do the entire trail. The significance of the trail dates back centuries and the reason people continue to walk it is very individualized. Some people walk to find healing, some adventure, some spiritual wisdom, some simply to find themselves – I’m not sure yet why I want to walk it so badly, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out when the time is right.
You can learn more about the trail here.
(photo from www.caminosantiagodecompostela.com)
That’s all for now. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better. I’d love to hear more about you and the unique things that make you who you are – so feel free to comment below!
I wish you LIGHT, LOVE, & PEACE,