To say that I am excited about this year is an understatement. I feel like I am walking into my authentic self and that there is no looking back. I am ready to RELEASE the past, FORGIVE fully, and pour LOVE into the present and future.
And so begin my intentions rolling into 2015. I have a simple MANTRA for the year, an OVERARCHING COMMITMENT to REBELLION, and GOALS broken into 3 parts – BODY | Mind/Spirit | Business.
I can feel the energy in the air as I write this. Its going to be a big year. I’m buckling up, setting my intentions, and letting God do the rest.
… Diving in …
My Mantra for 2015:
Its simple, and only THREE words:
My Commitment to REBELLION:
Does this sound severe? It is. Upon a lot of self reflection, I have realized that I place a great deal of importance on what others think and what I believe is expected of me. It impedes my creativity and keeps me living in a place I can only describe as THE SAFE ZONE. And to be perfectly honest with you, I’m sick of it.
I want to be true to this saying, and I want to do it my way. Every. Day.
I want the freedom to be exactly who I am and I’ve realized the only thing holding me back is me and my reliance on what I believe others think and expect of me.
So, I’m going to rebel against everything that keep me in a mental SAFE ZONE, and I’m going to rebel against untruths that hold me back from what I want to do, and I’m going to REBEL against anything that stands in the way of living authentically.
Rebel without a cause? NO. Rebel with a cause? YES.
There will be fits and starts and some discomfort here and there as there always is when you are changing, but I also KNOW that this commitment to rebellion will allow me to SOAR into my personal legend, my destiny, my dreams.
So cheers to a year of freedom. Cheers to a year of divesting in crappy mental safe zones. Cheers to REBELLION with genuine cause and SOARING straight into God’s purpose over my life.
My 3 Goal Categories:
| Body |
- Be active 5 days a week, even if only for 15 minutes. Do Yoga at least 2 times per week (2 of the 5 active days) and by year’s end, I want to be able to do a head stand… all by myself. Mental Strength + Physical Strength = a REALLY good thing.
- Take an online guitar lesson once a week. (Thank you, Center Stage Guitar Academy!)
| Mind/Spirit |
- Push past societal and familial norms to bravely, and authentically be my true self.
- Be an open vessel for God’s work – whatever it may be. My prayer is that God will LEAD ME, GUIDE ME, & TEACH ME so that I may carry out the plans and purpose He has over my life.
| Business |
- I am currently slated to be in two different bands in Athens, GA. My goal for both these acts is to bring pure joy to the people that come to each show, to have ridiculous amounts of fun, and to make some money doing what I love. (I would love to get to the point where I am booked in at least 1 show per week or more!!!)
- I’d like to have fresh blog content 3 times per week and I would love for one of those posts to be a video blog post. Videography is a little scary for me, but I know I can learn it and gradually get better. In addition, I want to continue building lucrative partnerships with businesses I believe in. Hustle, hustle. Hard work. No risk, no gain. THINK big, RECEIVE big.
So there you have it. My intentions/goals/thoughts on 2015. I am so excited and grateful to live and breathe on this amazing planet. Thank you for following my journey, participating in my excitement, and sharing your love.
Let’s make this year one that can be summed up by this picture.
I wish you LIGHT, LOVE, & PEACE,