(This was written Friday, August 21st, 2015)
Exactly one week ago yesterday (Thursday, August 13th, 2015), I wrote an affirmation in my journal:
“I have a job that only I can do and I am rewarded beyond my wildest dreams. My songs, my voice, my creative ideas, my REBEL Society, & my infinite love spread all over the world.”
These are real things that happened within 7 days of writing the above affirmation…
1. I attended an open mic Thursday, August 13th, the evening after writing that affirmation. Because of that open mic performance, I was asked to play a large show the following Saturday, 2 days later, where several influential people in the music industry would be. I wrote these two blog posts about the experience: The most incredible thing happened last night & Just. Show. Up.
2. I booked 3 more gigs in a matter of a few days. All provide great exposure! And two of them actually provide compensation… imagine that…
3. I attended another open mic Monday, August 17th, at Hendershot’s in Athens and met several amazing musicians… (insert happy dance).
4. I attended another open mic at Abbot’s in Duluth on Wednesday, August 19th, and was contacted by a gentleman in attendance who knows a lot of club owners in the area and sending my info to them so I can be booked… I was also introduced to a recording studio owner at this open mic…
5. An entertainment company contacted me Wednesday, August 19th. They sent my info and tracks to their writers in Nashville, and asked me to discuss opportunities for my career over dinner. That dinner took place Thursday, August 20th.
HOW AMAZING IS THIS?!?!?!?!?! All of that in literally 7 days after writing the above affirmation.
God is so good and is performing miracles every second of every day. And not just for me… but for everyone who asks for them.
I took the time to relay all of this because I want you to know that miracles of all sizes are available to you, too. The Universe/God is performing miracles every second. I don’t have magical powers – I’m just a little girl from Iowa – but I do have faith. And I do believe that if I whole-heartedly declare my intentions to the Universe helping hands show up in every way possible – often beyond my wildest dreams.
You can do anything you set your mind to.
Declare an affirmation. Just see what happens.
What do you have to lose?
May you be encouraged by my experience and know that you great things are available to you, as well. Follow what lights you up, and the rest will fall into place.
You are amazing.
You are unique.
You are one of a kind.
Only you can do what you do the way that you do it. So do it.