Get to know me.
I can be a contradiction. I want all the adventure & experiences, but I also want to do it from home in my pajamas.
I gave up coffee for 4 months. Those were some of the hardest months of my life.
If I could describe myself in 1 word it would be: creator. I pour my heart into podcast episodes, I write, make music (iTunes, Spotify – what up!), design interiors, flip homes, DREAM – I have to use my head & my hands or I go loco.
I eat leftovers straight from the fridge. My husband thinks it’s gross, but I hate microwaves & the oven takes too long when I’m hangry.
I was an OCD germaphobe before covid came on the scene.
Books are my refuge but so are reality TV shows. See? Contradiction. I think we all need time to turn off & give our brains a break. You know what I mean?
One of my favorite places on earth is the Fly Me Sun & Stars Bar in Lefkada, Greece.
When I was 4, I told my mom that I was going to marry Eric from the Little Mermaid. And guess what? I DID. Have you seen my husband? Our thoughts and our words and our beliefs are POWERFUL.
I have 3 dogs: Tumnus, Pippin, & Shiloh. Wait ’til I share what I’m going to name my kids… Also, animals are the f-ing best.
I won Female Vocalist of the Year at a competition called the International Presentation of Performers in L.A. Shortly there after, I signed a recording contract and moved to California. Then the contract fell apart. Sometimes dreams don’t work out the way we think we want them to, but I’ve learned they always work out the way they are supposed to.
I love my husband SO MUCH but the sheer volume of his sneezes give me a flash of rage… especially in the car.
I have 2 younger brothers: Pierce and Anders.
If I could create my own country, it would have the spirituality of Bali, the beauty of Greece, and the food of Italy.
I had the CRAZIEST f-ing solo trip to the Middle East. I was in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Muscat, Oman. Ask me about it sometime or read my e-book. In my humble opinion, it’s f-ing riveting and I lived it.
Self worth is my brand. I want to help women feel healed, empowered, & f-ing LIT UP. Women (and animals) are the f-ing best.
I ALWAYS have Lanolips lip balm in my purse… and every room of my house. My lips are f-ing pillows.
I am an ENFP and full on Virgo.
I LOVE throwing dinner parties. This is my FAVORITE social activity.
I’m fairly certain I have undiagnosed ADHD. Focus can be a
In 2020, my husband and I sold our house, my car, and most of our belongings and bought an RV and hit the road full time with our 3 dogs. We got to Arizona and haven’t left. WE LOVE IT HERE.
I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. It’s a disease rooted in unexpressed emotion. So, I’m on a mission to seriously EXPRESS myself and heal as holistically as possible.
I want to age as gracefully and naturally as possible. That being said, I’ve also had plastic surgery. I interviewed my plastic surgeon in Episode 55 of my podcast, Self Discovery. Again, I can be a contradiction, but aren’t we all if we’re really honest?
I went solo skydiving at 16. It was epic.
Alice Coltrane, Bossa Nova, Enya, & French Café musique are on repeat in my household.
My favorite meal is a roasted vegetable salad that I make with a homemade garlic vinaigrette. I know how that sounds, but then my favorite dessert afterwards is a piping hot chocolate chip cookie with vanilla gelato. C’est balance.
Toto’s “Africa,” Beyonce’s “7/11,” and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” make me dance like a 12 year old boy – just f-ing unhinged.
If I could tell you anything it would be this: you are way cooler than you realize. And I’m so glad you’re here. Now tell me about you! Seriously. Text me at 480-531-6858 or just click this link.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO IS JACLYN?
Jaclyn is a creative. You can listen to her on her podcast, Self Discovery (streaming everywhere). You can watch her speaking on wellness, self worth, clean beauty, travel & lifestyle on Instagram & Youtube. You can read her writing on this blog or in this ebook. And you can follow her interior design adventures at @nomad.home.company and buy her products at @the.nomad.souk.
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
I was born in Dubuque, IA, but I’ve lived all over the country (IL, IA, MO, NC, TX, LA, MS, ID, CA, GA, AZ). I’m like a living, breathing Johnny Cash song ’cause “I’ve been everywhere, man.” My nomadic lifestyle has brought me up close and personal with a lot of people, places, and experiences – all of which inspire and inform the work I put out into the world.
This website and my content on Instagram are just the beginning.
- Graduated from Baylor University with a BA in International Studies with an emphasis in French and Middle Eastern Studies and was President of the Student Foundation and Homecoming Queen.
- Studied abroad in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- Did Teach for America in New Orleans, LA.
- Started a successful branding company called, Steele International – a Creative Agency (we were nominated for a Best of Georgia award by the Georgia Business Journal). Worked my butt off, burned out at the peak of it’s growth, and intuitively knew it was time to move on. So I did, despite it’s successful trajectory. Not every opportunity is the right opportunity.
- Countries visited: Mexico, Antigua, England, Ireland, France, Peru, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Greece, Bali (Indonesia), Turkey, Hong Kong (China), Dubai (UAE), Abu Dhabi (UAE), Muscat (Oman).
- Billy Graham told me I had beautiful hair… twice. And offered to help me get into law school. I didn’t end up applying to law schools but I’ll never forget his generosity.
- My podcast, Self Discovery, had about 10,000 downloads in the first season.
- I’ve wanted to do interior design pretty much my whole life, and after selling our first home and making a far larger profit than expected, I’ve started doing design projects beyond the scope of my own. Meet the @nomad.home.company.
WHAT INSPIRED YOUR BLOG?
Honestly, YOU. I started meeting and having all of these amazing conversations on Instagram after sharing bits and pieces of my story. What I’ve found is that people crave connection and people also crave honesty in a world of highlight reels and overdone filters (though they’re fun aren’t they?). So, this blog is my space on the internet to share things that I feel like will uplift, inform, and empower women.
I share a lot about wellness because I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, so healthy living is a must for me to function every day. In addition, I also share clean beauty tips, tricks, and f-ing bomb products as well as lifestyle and travel content (because I love an adventure).
My hope is that every woman who comes to this website leaves it feeling uplifted, loved, and like they are more than enough.